February 1, 2015 - Word of the Day
An audience is a group of people who observe a performance or a game.
- A television audience watches a TV show.
- A radio audience listens to a radio show.
- Some television shows feature a live audience. This means that the show is produced in front of people who clap and cheer. Oprah Winfrey works with a live audience.
- It's fun to be an audience member.
- Members of the audience applaud and cheer when a performance is over.
- When members of an audience don't like a performance or a performer, they boo. (boo = loud, desrespectful noise)
- The audience booed.
- A good audience is polite and respectful.
- A bad audience is impolite and rude.
- When was the last time you were an audience member at an event or a performance?
- The Superbowl has the largest audience for a televised event.
He's speaking before an audience.
Click here to learn more words.