February 3, 2015 - Word of the Day
A cage is a place to keep an animal contained. Animals at the zoo are kept in cages; domestic animals such as mice, birds, and snakes are also kept in cages. A cage provides safety for both animals and human beings.
- Mice are kept in a cage.
- Tina keeps her hamster in a cage.
- Animals at a pet shop are kept in cages and aquariums.
- A dog might be kept in a cage when it's a puppy.
- Most chickens raised for meat in the United Sates live in a cage until they are processed.
- Cage-free chickens are allowed to live outside of a cage.
Sometimes the word "cage" is used to describe a person's condition.
- Bob's apartment is so small, he feels like he's living in a cage.
- Men in some older prisons live like caged animals.
She keeps her bird in a birdcage.
Click here to learn more words.