February 6, 2015 - Word of the Day
A thing or a person who is famous is well known. Many people know about the thing or the person.
- There are many famous places to visit in New York.
- You might also see some famous people as you walk around the city.
- Jennifer Lopez is a famous actress.
- Brad Pitt is a famous actor.
- Barack Obama is a very famous person because he's the President of the United States.
- The Eiffel Tower is one of the most famous landmarks in the world.
The Eiffel Tower
The word "fame" is a noun:
- The young man was unable to manage his sudden fame.
- Some people would rather have fame over money.
- George Clooney uses his fame to raise money for people who are sick and need help.
The word "infamous" is used to describe the activities of a person who does something that's very, very bad.
- Al Capone was an infamous criminal.
- His infamy spread throughout the world. (The word "infamy" is a noun.)
- Infamous war ciminals are often eventually found, tried, and punished.
Click here to learn more words.