February 17, 2015 - Word of the Day
The word "quiver" is similar to the words shake, shiver, and tremble. To quiver shows that an animal or a person is nervous or afraid.
- The rabbit quivered in fear when it saw the fox.
- The little boy's lower lip began to quiver when he realized he was going to be punished.
- The woman who won the lottery quivered with excitement.
- During the interview, the man quivered a little because he was so nervous.
- His quivering revealed a lack of self-confidence.
Why is he quivering?
Click here to learn more words.