January 27, 2015 - Word of the Day
A blizzard occurs when strong, cold wind and moisture come together to produce a large amount of snow over one or more days.
- A blizzard warning was issued for the northeastern United States.
- The blizzard is expected to last for more than two days.
- It's best to stay inside during a blizzard.
- A strong blizzard can bury cars in snow, so travel is often restricted.
- When the blizzard is over, people use snow shovels and snow blowers to dig out their driveways and sidewalks.
- Schools cancel classes when there's a blizzard. Children get a snow day. (snow day = no school due to excessive snow)
Click here to learn more words.