May 29, 2015
The word "absolutely" is a popular adverb used for affirmative responses and as an intensifier. It's similar to the words "totally," "certainly," and "definitely."
- This is absolutely the best pizza I have ever eaten.
- We're absolutely certain that we're going to Florida this summer.
- Are you absolutely sure that you want to work for that company?
- When Sandra was asked if she definitely wanted to get married to Antonio, she said that she was absolutely certain.
- The parents of the missing toddler are absolutely devastated by his disappearance.
- That was absolutely the worst movie of the summer.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.