November 24, 2015
The yellow liquid excreted from your body when you go to the bathroom is called "urine." There are other words for it, such as "pee" or "piss," but "urine" is a more polite word and it's the word that's usually used in a doctor's office or a hospital.
- The doctor asked the patient to produce a urine sample.
- The color of urine is usually yellow, but the color can vary depending on what a person eats or drinks.
- A drug test can detect small traces of illegal drugs in urine.
- Urine can produce a strong odor.
- A bathroom that isn't cleaned regularly will smell like urine.
urine sample cup
The word "urinate" is a verb. The word "urination" is a noun:
- Urination is an important bodily function.You eliminate waste from your body when you urinate.
- Walter complained to the doctor that he experiences pain when he urinates.
- Painful urination can indicate a health problem.
- It's illegal in most cities in the United States to urinate in public.
- Most people urinate in a toilet.
- In a men's bathroom, urinals are lined up against the wall. The urinal is the place where boys and men urinate.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.