October 20, 2015
The word "ultra" is an adjective that means very or extremely. Sometimes it's part of a compound noun, and other times it's separated.
- You have to protect your skin from ultraviolet radiation by putting on sun block.
- Ultra conservative candidates can easily win elections in a state that has a lot of Republicans.
- A solar car has to be ultra light in order to cover long distances.
- Leticia went in for an ultrasound because her doctor wanted to take a look at the baby before it was born.
- Ultra high frequencies (UHF) are used for broadcasting television and radio programs, WI-FI, and satellite transmissions.
An ultrasound technician shows the woman how well her baby is doing.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.