September 9, 2015
If something is very, very large, it might be huge. This word is similar to the words "enormous" and "gigantic."
- Sheila made a huge mistake by marrying Renaldo.
- A huge crowd gathered to hear presidential candidate, Donald Trump.
- Elephants are huge.
- Teenagers have huge appetites.
- Mobile access to the internet has had a huge impact on the way we do just about everything.
- LearnAmericanEnglishOnline.com has a huge following. (A lot of people visit here every day.)
- Apple's iPhone has been a huge success.
- This is going to be huge. (This is a statement you might hear made when someone tries to predict the popularity of something.)
The word "hugely" is an adverb, often used with the adjective "successful."
- Oprah Winfrey is a hugely successful TV personality.
- The iPhone is a hugely successful cell phone.
These pumpkins are huge.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.