April 6, 2016
The hip is that part of the body where the torso and the leg come together. This is a very important part of the body
- The hip joint is that area of the human body that allows people to walk. It connects your thigh bone to your pelvis.
- Many people put their hands on their hips when they stand.
- A person's hips seem to widen with age.
- My grandmother fell down and broke her hip. It can be fatal for an elderly person to break his or her hip.
Her hand is on her hip.
As a slang word, "hip" means that something or someone is cool. A hip person is often a trendsetter, a person who recognizes trends in fashion, music, and art.
- Joe is very hip.
- He wears hip clothing.
- He listens to hip music.
- The clubs he goes to are so hip.
- Some of his friends call him a hipster. (hipster = a person who looks and acts hip)
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.