April 21, 2016
The word "tweet" describes the sound that a bird makes when it sings:
- Birds begin tweeting early in the morning.
- Can your hear the birds tweeting?
- A bird goes "tweet, tweet."
In recent years, the word "tweet" has been used as a verb or as a noun when communicating with other people through Twitter.
- I sent out a few tweets this morning. (This sentences uses "tweet" as a noun.)
- Did you happen to read my tweet?
- Walter has been tweeting to his friends from Paris. (This sentence uses "tweet" as a verb.)
- He's been sending out a lot of tweets.
- Tweets were sent out live during the Republican debate.
- Tweets are sent out through Twitter.
This bird goes "tweet."
This well-known Looney Tunes character is a bird named "Tweety."
This is the Twitter bird.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.