August 5, 2016
To dazzle someone is to show brilliance, beauty, or flashiness. The word "dazzle" is a verb, and the word "dazzling" is an adjective.
- Rena has a dazzling smile.
- She dazzles everyone with her smile.
- The basketball player dazzled the spectators with his quickness on the court.
- He showed off a little razzle-dazzle on the court. (razzle-dazzle = skill)
- There was a dazzling display of musical talent at the concert.
- The audience was dazzled by the guitarist on stage.
- The jewels on the woman's dress are absolutely dazzling.
- You can't help but be dazzled by the beautiful jewelry that she's wearing.
- Rio de Janeiro is a dazzling city with many interesting places to visit.
- Tourists are dazzled by the beautiful beaches and the people who live there.
She has a dazzling smile!
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.