August 27, 2016
A mop is used for cleaning floors. It's similar to a broom except that it's usually made of some type of cloth. This word can be used as a verb or as a noun.
- A mop is often used when cleaning a floor with soapy water.
- If there's a liquid mess on the floor, I use a bucket and a mop to clean it up.
- You have to wring out a mop when cleaning any liquid or water up off of the floor.
- To wring a mop is to squeeze the water out of it.
- A dust mop doesn't require water. It's used for picking up dust and hair off of the floor.
- I have to mop the floor.
- Hard floors needs to be mopped in order to get up all of the dirt that a broom doesn't get.
- How often do you mop your floors?
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.