August 17, 2016
If something is obvious, it's easy to see it or understand it.
- The answer to his question is obvious.
- Doesn't this seem obvious? It seems obvious to me.
- The solution to this problem is so obvious.
- This is so obvious, I can't believe you don't see it.
- It's obvious that this isn't going to work.
- Melinda tries not to be too obvious about her interest in Manuel.
- It's obvious that Abraham wants to get a new job.
- Don't you think this is obvious?
The word "obviously" is an adverb.
- Obviously, you don't understand.
- Obviously, Isabel doesn't like to clean. Just look at this mess!
- Tyrone is obviously bored. He keeps yawning.
- This is an obviously simple answer.
He's obviously unhappy about something.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.