The word "beautiful" is a popular adjective used to describe attractive people, places, things, activities, and the weather.
The word "beautifully" is an adverb:
- Elmer plays the piano beautifully. (The adverb describes how he plays.)
- The house if beautifully landscaped. (The adverb describes how the house is landscaped.)
- The cake was beautifully decorated. (The adverb describes how the cake was decorated.)
The word "beauty" is a noun:
- Have you seen Edgar's new car? It's a beauty.
- The beauty of Paris is evident throughout the city.
- The women of Colombia are known for their beauty.
Date of publication: December 2, 2016