A pen is a device used for writing. A pen contains ink.
- Raphael took notes with a pen.
- Vanessa used a pen to sign the contract.
- The teacher asked for the assignment to be written in pen.
- I usually keep a pen in my shirt pocket.
- Do you have a pen on you?
- Can I borrow a pen?
It's necessary to use a pen when signing a contract.
A pen is also an enclosure for people and animals.
- Pigs are kept in a pen.
- Other animals such as goats or sheep are also kept in a pen; otherwise, they might run away.
- Criminals are housed in a penitentiary. (The word "pen" is short for "penitentiary.")
- My old neighbor, Oscar, is serving two years in the pen for tax evasion.
- Babies play in a playpen.
- A playpen keeps babies safe.
Click here to learn more vocabulary.
Date of publication: December 22, 2016