June 21, 2016
A person who moves on his hands and knees crawls. This is the first form of mobility for a baby, but there are still reasons for a fully-formed adult to crawl.
- Walter crawled through the grass, looking for a small piece of metal that he had dropped.
- Workers had to crawl through the attic when installing insulation.
- Renee's baby is just learning how to crawl.
- The last runner in the race was too weak to run or walk, so he crawled across the finish line.
- A millipede crawled across the floor.
- Someone crawled through an open window and stole some electronic equipment.
Sometimes a person who crawls does so figuratively (It's not actual.)
- Ned went crawling to his boss and begged him to take him back.
- Don't come crawling back if you leave us.
- Sandra went crawling back to her parents after failing to find work in California.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.