May 7, 2016
The word "gasp" is used when describing a person who is having difficulty breathing.
- By the end of the 5000 meter race, the runners were gasping for breath.
- A forest fire in Canada left residents choking and gasping for air.
- The members of the combat team remained committed to the fight until their last gasp.
- The girl released an audible gasp upon learning the shocking news of a friend's death.
- When the man came up from the bottom of the pool, he was gasping for air.
He was gasping for air.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.