To grumble is to express unhappiness or dissatisfaction with a situation.
- The employees at the Acme Company often grumble about their working conditions.
- When Tanya grumbled about a bad grade on a test, her teacher got very angry at her.
- The teacher told Tanya to stop her grumbling.
- During tax season, people grumble about having to pay taxes.
- In the winter, you'll hear a lot of grumbling about the ice, the snow, and the cold.
- Voters during the 2016 election season have been grumbling about their choices for Presidential candidates.
- If you aren't happy about something, you should do something about it instead of just grumbling.
- What are you grumbling about?
- Stop your grumbling!
This guy won't stop his grumbling.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Date of publication: November 7, 2016