Fur is the hair of an animal.
- A cat has soft fur.
- The fur of a donkey is rough.
- Some coats worn by people are made of fur.
- A polar bear has a thick coat of fur.
- Animals with nice fur are skinned for their coats. (coat: the skin and the fur)
- Some animals have no fur.
- Human beings don’t have fur; they have hair.
- Instead of fur, a bird has feathers.
The word “furry” is an adjective.
- A hamster is a cute and furry litttle animal.
- A rabbit is soft and furry.
- Some furry animals have thick coats that serve as protection from the cold.
A polar bear has a thick coat of fur.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was published on April 6, 2017.