The word "nimble" is an adjective that is used to describe a person who does things quickly and skillfully. This word can apply to parts of the body, mainly the fingers, hands, feet, and legs, and it can apply to a person's mind.
- A person with a nimble mind can complete a crossword puzzle quickly.
- A soccer player who controls the ball well with his feet is nimble on the field.
- Nimble fingers are needed for someone who works on a hand woven rug or basket.
- Young people can usually do things more nimbly than people who are old. (The word "nimbly" is an adverb.)
- A nimble-minded person thinks quickly and is able to respond quickly to a situation.
A well-known nursery rhyme includes the word "nimble."
Jack be nimble. Jack be quick.
Jack jump over the candlestick.
Jack is jumping over a candlestick.
Click here to learn more vocabulary.
Date of publication: February 16, 2017