Meat is the fleshy muscle of an animal which is eaten by other animals.
- Meat is a source of protein.
- Human beings and animals both like to eat meat.
- People who don't eat meat are vegetarians.
- The meat from a cow is called beef.
- If your doctor tells you to cut back on red meat, red meat is beef.
- The meat from a pig is called pork.
- The meat from a chicken is called chicken.
- Some people don't consider fish to be meat, but it is still a type of meat.
- You can buy processed meat from a deli. (deli = delicatessen; a place that sells prepared food.)
- Ham, salami, and sliced turkey are popular forms of lunch meat for sandwiches.
- Spam is processed meat that comes in a can.
- A butcher is a person who works in the meat department of a grocery store.
- Do you like to eat meat? What kind of meat do you like?
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was published on March 27, 2017.