Yellow Level Quiz #12 - Using "fewer" and "less" for comparisons; using "fewest" and "least" as superlatives (ANSWERS)
Directions: Complete each sentence with "fewer" or "less."
1. There were __fewer__ men at the party than women.
2. I have ___less___ time to do things this year than last year.
3. We need __less_____ help this week compared to last week.
4. George worked ___fewer__ than 30 hours this week.
5. Many Americans are choosing to have ___fewer____ children because of the economy.
6. They made ___less____ money this year than last year.
7. I hope you are making ___fewer___ mistakes with your English since you started coming to this website.
8. There's __less____ daylight in the winter than in the summer.
9. There are ___fewer___ hours of darkness in the summer than in the winter.
10. _Fewer____ people want to go into that profession these days.
11. __Fewer____ and __fewer_____ customers are buying those products.
12. We're using __less__ water now after installing water-saving toilets.
13. He has __fewer__ opportunities to find a job without a college degree.
14. You should use __less___ butter in this cookie recipe than the recipe calls for.
15. There's ___less___ and __less____ work available for people who need jobs.
16. She spent __less__ time this month practicing her violin which resulted in some poor performances.
17. I've noticed __fewer___ mosquitoes this year compared to last year.
18. Our teacher gave us __less__ homework today than yesterday.
19. It would be ___less___ of a hassle if you could just take care of the situation yourself.
20. They have ___fewer___financial problems this year because their father found a new job that pays well.
Directions: Complete each sentence with "fewest" or "least."
1. Of all the houses we saw, I liked that one the __least____.
2. They have the ___fewest___ new members compared to the other groups.
3. Don't mention it. It was the ___least___ I could do.
4. This recipe uses the __least_____ oil.
5. Compared to other years, the hospital recorded the __fewest___ number of deaths related to gun-shot wounds.
6. This is the ___least____ of my worries.
7. We received the __fewest__ new applications this year compared to all the other years we have been in business.
8. Their company had the ___fewest___ violations within their industry.
9. I've owned many good cars during my lifetime. This one has given me the ___least____ trouble.
10. During the week, we see the __fewest__ students on Thursday.
Click here to return to the Yellow Level.