Yellow Level Quiz #16 -- Change the present perfect tense to the past tense
Directions: Rewrite each verb that appears in the present perfect tense and change it to the past tense.
* She has eaten breakfast.
* She ate breakfast.
1. They have lived there for two years.
They ____________ there for two years.
2. My sister has had problems with her car.
My sister ___________ problems with her car.
3. I have been to New York many times.
I ___________ in New York last year.
4. It hasn't rained since last week.
It ___________ __________ yesterday. (negative)
5. We haven't seen the movie yet.
We __________ __________ the movie yet. (negative)
6. The compay has laid off a lot of employees.
The company ______________ a lot of employees.
7. Bob hasn't gotten up yet.
Bob ___________ ______________ until 11:00. (negative)
8. Those children haven't learned how to read yet.
Those children never ____________ how to read. (negative)
9. The mail hasn't come yet.
The mail never ____________. (negative)
10. Maria has done her laundry.
Maria __________ her laundry.
Directions: Each question is in the present perfect tense negaitve. Rewrite each question in the past tense.
* Has she eaten breakfast?
* Did she eat breakfast?
1. Has the newspaper come yet?
2. Have you called your mother?
3. Have they heard anything about the accident?
4. Where have you been?
5. What have you done?
6. Has he had anything to eat?
7. How long have you lived in Minnesota?
8. Hasn't this been fun?
9. Has this ever happened to you?
10. Why haven't they called me?
Click here for the answers.