A person or a thing that is wicked is mean, evil, cruel, or corrupt.
- A wicked king starved all the people of the village.
- A wicked witch cast a spell on the young girl.
- Hitler's wicked plans resulted in the deaths of millions.
- For his wicked crimes the man was sent to prison for life.
- The ill treatment of the children was truly wicked and cruel.
- Anyone who takes pleasure in harming another person is wicked.
- With a wicked smile, the woman admitted that she killed her cat.
Sometimes, the word "wicked" is used as a form of slang to mean that something is cool or amazing:
- That motorcycle is wicked. (I like and admire the motorcycle.)
- The skate park has a lot of wicked jumps.
- He sure plays a wicked guitar.
- Oh man, that's wicked!
Click here to learn more words.
This page was first published on October 28, 2013. It was updated on October 30, 2016.